Cosmetic resin bonding is a common solution for:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing unsightly gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Often, cosmetic resin bonding is used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. As the name indicates, composite resin material is bonded to an existing tooth. Unlike veneers or crowns, resin bonding removes little, if any, of the original tooth.
Cosmetic resin bonding has many advantages:
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.
- Cosmetic resin bonds, however, are not as durable and long-lasting as veneers and crowns and may need to be re-touched or replaced in the future.
Resin bonds stain more easily and therefore require proper care and regular cleaning. In order to ensure the longest possible duration of the bonding, cosmetic resin bonds should be brushed and flossed daily. Common staining elements include coffee, tea, tobacco, foods and candy.
|Case Done by Dr. David Vela